Most people are not aware of the fact that staying with patients all the time is not easy, as it may seem. They need constant monitoring medically, physically and mentally also. The patient tends to get depressed if he feels that he is not getting medical attention for the care of his loved ones. This is the time when family members of a patient can hire personal health care Philadelphia. It is important to understand the importance of these services so that you can make the right choice.
Assistance in activities of daily life( ADLs)
One part of these services is also called ADLs in which a patient receives the services to carry out the daily activities of life without which he or she may not survive. Examples of these services include:
- Oral care
- Eating and taking medicines on time
- Moving around the house with the help of an assistant
These activities need to be performed on a daily basis and play a vital role in the health of a person. If they are offered properly, the chances of recovery become brighter. Aging is a common condition in which the elder may not be able to perform all of these tasks independently. A personal care assistant can help him or her in doing them properly.
Assistance in Instrumental activities of daily life ( IADLs)
Another part of these kinds of services is IADLs in which assistance is provided for the overall well-being of a person. They also make a great difference in the quality of life of a patient. They may not be necessary for the survival of patients but play a vital role as a whole along with basic needs. Examples of these services are:
- Meal preparation
- Errands such as buying groceries, clothes and other materials
- Interacting with patients and understanding their feelings
- Helping them with attending to calls and messages through mobile phones and computers
- Taking the patient to parks, neighbors, doctors and therapists
- Enjoying hobbies such as listening to music or playing
- Paying bills, banking tasks and writing checks
Depending on the need and condition of the patient, the family members can make the right decision to hire a personal care assistant. He or she can make a great difference when it comes to recovering from illness.