Of course, there is no need to mindlessly copy title, description, keywords and headings H1 – H6, but collecting data for analysis is the right thing to do.
Why scrape competitors or sites of your subject in other regions:
- find out the leaders of the niche;
- to collect the semantics of the search results for the top;
- find out other phrases by which your competitors are promoting;
- examine the structure of their landing pages;
- analyze content by headings;
- evaluate URL metadata.
The process consists of two stages: top analysis and data parsing from selected URLs.
To reduce the load on the Internet channel, hide your IP and protect confidential data, it is better to use a proxy server. In Windows, proxy configuration is done through Control Panel → Internet Options → Connections → Network Settings → Proxy Server. You can buy personal IPv4 proxies at you-proxy.com.
Who needs proxies?
Personal proxies from proxy-sale.com are needed:
- specialists using automatic software for likes, subscriptions and other types of activity;
- in order to avoid blocking all pages in case of violations on one of them;
- to ensure your safety on the Internet;
- to access sites that are denied access from your IP;
- to access sites and download files from sites that are not allowed to access from your country or city.
1. We collect the best pages in the search for targeted queries
We need pages that are considered the most relevant by search engines at the time of collection.
For the search, we will use online tools that will quickly unload the most frequent URLs in the top.
Without registering. Free up to 10 phrases, 5 checks per day.
The analysis tool scans Google search results, allows you to select a region, as well as mobile and desktop search results. The service analyzes a choice of top 10, 20, 50 or 100 positions. Highlights identical domains and URLs for visual analysis of the result. There is data export.
Without registering. Free, no more than 500 requests one time.
The competitor identification tool scans only Google search results, analyzes the first 10, 50 or 100 positions to choose from. There is a check region option. Conveniently sorts results by domain and visibility (common).
Registration required, free of charge (100 limits per day), maximum key phrases – 100.
Scans Google (paid), there is a region setting, analysis of the top 10, 20, 30, 50 or 100. The service highlights the same domains and URLs, main pages and aggregator sites. You can download the result with the csv file.
2. Parse metadata and headers
Let’s start parsing the URL. Special online services or programs will help simplify the task.
Registration required, free of charge (100 limits per day).
Parses up to 100 pages at a time. Collects title, description, H1 – H6 tags and checks the title hierarchy. Besides checking the list of URLs, you can parse the data for a keyword in the top 5, 10, or 15. Exports the data to csv.
We go into the settings. We enable collection of title, description, keywords and headings H1 – H5 (optional).
Download the file or paste the copied list of URLs and click “Start parsing”.
The parsing result can be seen in the “Parsing” tab. The data is exported as an excel table.