If you’re wearing colorful human hair wigs and know the importance of properly taking care of the wigs. This is crucial when you own a genuine human hair wig. These wigs are costly and are not replaceable quickly. Therefore, it’s crucial to know how to take care of them in order to ensure they have the most extended lifespan.
We’ll talk about how to clean the wig, condition it, style and store your human hair wig for the longevity of your wig. We’ll also address common questions about these kinds of wigs you have yet to ask at the wig shop you purchased from.
Make colorful human hair wigs last longer by washing them less often.
The more often you rinse your wigs, the shorter the wig’s lifespan, and the faster color will fade. It’s the truth! But, regular cleaning and caring for your vibrant human hair wigs are essential washing human hair wigs every 6-8 weeks or 7-10 times based on how frequently you use your wig and how many styling items you are using. It will suffice, so wash it less often.
Use shampoo and conditioner that is sulfate free for hair that is colored.
When using sulfate shampoo and conditioner, there is a risk of stripping your wig of moisture and color. Make sure you use a color-protected shampoo and conditioner that’s sulfate-free to prevent your wig from fade and dryness.
To create vivid colors, Human hair has been bleached, dyed, and processed numerous times during the production process, meaning the wigs with vibrant human hair are less durable than other human hair wigs even though they’re all made from the same high-quality human hair Remy. Make sure to treat your beautiful human hair wigs using a colored conditioner.
Wash your colorful hair wig with cool water.
Wash your hair with cool or slightly warm water, then rinse it with cold water following conditioning. Warm water allows shampoo and conditioner to get into the hair and cleanse it, and the cold water will keep moisture in your conditioner while also preventing the color from changing by sealing the cuticle of your hair.
Dry shampoo is recommended.
Try using color-safe dry hair shampoos when you are not washing your hair. They will revitalize your hair, making it appear like your wig has had a blow-out without needing to wash it! It is also possible to try colored dry shampoos to change the color of the colorful wig that lasts longer!
Having black hair with silver highlights wig can be a great way to give yourself an incredible new look. But it’s essential to ensure that you take the proper precautions and care for your wig to stay looking its best. Here are some tips on how to maintain your black hair with silver highlights wig:
- Brush your wig daily using a brush or wide-toothed comb. Start at the ends of the hair and work your way up to prevent tangling.
- Use a heat protectant spray before styling your hair with a curling iron, straightener, or blow dryer. This will help reduce damage caused by heat.
- Wash your wig every 3-4 weeks using a mild shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for synthetic hair. After washing, let it air dry or use a blow dryer on the relaxed setting to prevent heat damage.
You’ll need to practice proper care and maintenance to keep your kinky curly wig looking vibrant and healthy. Here are a few tips for maintaining a kinky curly wig:
- Wash your wig every 2-4 weeks with mild shampoo and conditioner. Use cool or lukewarm water so the curls won’t lose shape.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or fingers to detangle the wig after washing gently. Avoid using a brush, as this could cause breakage.
- After shampooing, apply a leave-in conditioner and let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. This will help the wig maintain moisture and reduce frizz.