Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit that is found in Southeast Asia, Malaysia, parts of Africa, and India from the tree which is called Garcinia gummi-gutta. It is enriched with HCA, a chemical compound that is used in medicine. By using garcinia cambogia extract, it has been made various supplements for treating joint pain, curbing obesity, enhancing athletic performance, and others. The fruit is usually red, green, or yellow and looks like pumpkin. You may know this fruit as other names like gambooge, red mango, pot tamarind, kokum butter, brinda berry, or Malabar tamarind. Number of benefits make the garcinia cambogia extract for use in medicine.
Benefits of garcinia cambogia extract:
Here are some of the health benefits of the fruit.
- HCA in it helps in storing fats.
- Increase the level of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that messages your body of feeling good.
- Helps in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Claims to fight against ulcers, cancer, constipation, diabetes, and diarrhea.
- Sometimes the seeds of it are used as the substitute of ghee or clarified butter.
- Helps in reducing appetite that leads to weight loss.
- Enhance your exercise endurance.
- Decreases your insulin level
- Reduces inflammation
- Increase the insulin sensitivity
- Regulates blood sugar control
Some Side Effects of it:
As it is not fully untapped with the side effects, you have to use it cautiously. Here are some of the side effects.
- Headache, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Nausea, Pucker in lips, skin rashes
- Issues associated with Hydroxycut like rhabdomyolysis, seizures, and cardiac disorders.
- High doses may cause testicular atrophy.
- Unsafe while taking by mouth.
- shown various liver issues in some people.
- Digestive discomfort
- Worsen the bipolar disorder
Things To Know Before Taking the supplement:
Garcinia cambogia extract is available in the market as powder, tablets and other forms. You should use the capsules 30 minutes or one hour before your meal. The recommended doses of garcinia cambogia extract with HCA is 900 mg to 1,500 mg a day. As it has various health benefits as well as side effects, you must consult with your doctor before taking it. Also it is not well known that it is quite safe in pregnancy or breastfeeding, you must avoid it at that time. Aslo people with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease should avoid the supplement because it increases acetylcholine levels in your brain. Along with these things, you should remember that it may interfere with medications like warfarin, statins, calcium, potassium, montelukast, iron, and others.
Garcinia cambogia extract is a fruit derived supplement that is usually used for weight loss regime but there are various studies available that are in doubt with much degree of effectiveness. Nodoubt there are various positive impacts of the fruit and supplement but we can’t ignore the side effects as well. If you are in a weight loss regime, it might help you. So, keep these points of Garcinia in mind and avoid the hype. Before using the supplement, you need to consult the health expert. And just leave using the supplement if you notice any side effects.
Read More About: tamilmv