What is a Passbook printing machine? What is it for? The best ways one can use them – everything answered
It is simply a device that has the ability to perform tasks that previously had to be carried out by multiple machines. The technology advances and has managed to bring together the most important and necessary in one printer and hence the multifunction.
The passbook printing machine incorporates, as its name suggests, a printer, scanner, mail, and copier. However, it depends on the model that we find; it can contain fax, memory cards, hard disk, etc. Obviously, each model will enhance some functions or others and will add more technology.
These devices can be of two types; inkjet multifunctional or laser multifunctional.
In the first case, like inkjet printers, it uses cartridges with liquid ink that mix the colors to generate the desired gamut, while the laser all-in-one uses toner with ink in powder form and prints in black.
Although these devices were initially being created for home use or for small companies, large companies also opt for this type of equipment. This is due, among other things, to the fact that they free up space and avoid having to buy different devices that complement the other types of printers.
What are the advantages of a passbook printing machine?
- Retrenchment of space: where before, you could find a fax, a printer, and a copier, now you will only have one device that does multiple tasks with good quality. This way, we save time, space, and money. If you don’t have much space with them, you can make the most of your company’s capacity and space.
- Economic savings: this point is essential since, although it may seem like a more expensive printer at first, we are not really thinking about maintenance. When a device includes several, we only have to worry about the maintenance of one machine. In contrast, if we have decided to buy a device per task, we will have to invest more in maintenance. This simple fact can save us a lot of money if we have a business. In addition, this system will save us more energy than maintaining more devices since there will be fewer cables to plug into the light. Thanks to this, we will be able to reduce the electricity required to run the multifunction printer.
- Custom options: these can meet different needs, such as scanning, printing, copying, and faxing. Having a multifunction device will not only save you time, but it is also much more comfortable, especially if we take into account that today it can be operated from anywhere and at any time thanks to WiFi and mobile printing.
- Compatibility: The most advanced PPMs offer remote connections and use options. This is how printers can now connect via WiFi to be able to print wirelessly, apart from making it possible to print from a mobile or tablet through an app, wherever you are.
- Space-saving: having a passbook printing machine avoids accumulating several types of equipment for independent functions; this way, you can optimize your workplace and prevent wiring through the floor, which is so uncomfortable and unaesthetic. In fact, the most modern and advanced equipment is relatively compact and easy to use; they have intuitive control panels and much more accessible ink refill areas, among others.
- Energy saving: they help reduce energy consumption since it is not necessary to have several devices connected at the same time. To this is added that they have the sleep mode, which can be activated to reduce energy use while the printer is not used, which makes an outstanding contribution to the environmental impact.
What are the disadvantages of a Passbook printing machine?
The disadvantages of a multifunction printer have a lot to do with its applications and use. That is, although a team can include several functions, they may not have the same quality as separately.
- They are likely to have a low scanner resolution as they cannot scan at high resolution. In addition, we can see that the printing speed is reduced compared to other specialized equipment in it and that the fax does not offer an excellent transmission speed.
Different Types of Printers
Laser printers are characterized by their high print quality, speed, and economical cost per page ratio. Its operation is similar to a photocopier. A beam of light is applied on an electrostatic drum that changes the charge of the surface, and subsequently, the impregnated image is transferred to the paper by contact. In the market we can find several types of laser printers:
Monochrome laser printers
These laser devices can only print in one colour, which is generally black. They are speedy and have a meagre printing cost, so they are the ideal option if we have a high monthly work volume of black and white documents.
Colour laser printers
We can make high-quality copies in black and white and sharp and well-defined colours with colour laser printers. They are powerful and versatile machines, so it is common to find them in all types of businesses and homes.
Inkjet or inkjet printers are standard in homes and small offices that generate a small number of documents per month. The inks are applied directly to the paper with the help of injectors, obtaining a high-quality result with a very economical initial investment. As in laser models, we can find colour or monochrome ink printers and multifunction.
Conclusion: The passbook printing machine and all types of devices have advantages and disadvantages. What is undeniable is that they are able to bring together several tasks in a single computer and save us both money and space, both in our home and in our company.