Looking for a good protein supplement? With a number of options including animal and green protein supplements, it can get confusing to choose the right one for yourself. Here is a guide to help you find one that is perfect in its composition and your own fitness goals.
Your Fitness Levels Matter
There are different types of protein supplements that suit various levels of fitness. If you have just started working out, then choose a beginner’s protein supplement. These contain 15-20g per serving and are ideal for low to moderate intensity of training.
For professionals and bodybuilders, a protein supplement with a higher protein concentration in each serving is vital for faster recovery. Supplements like whey isolates that contain at least 25-30g of protein are required.
Choose According to Your Goals
Different stages of training require different nutritional support. Here are some tips on choosing based on what phase of training you are currently in:
- Cutting down phase: If you are trying to get leaner muscles, choose a pure protein supplement with lesser carbohydrate content. Whey isolates and hydrolysates are ideal for this phase.
- Bulking up: If you are trying to gain more mass, then a mass gainer protein supplement is what you need. They have a higher calorie count per serving, allowing you to build mass faster.
- Maintenance: In this case, you can choose any form of whey protein supplement as you only need to worry about maintaining your physique in its current form.
What Source Do You Prefer?
Your dietary preferences play an important role when it comes to choosing your protein supplement. For individuals who prefer a vegan or plant-based protein supplement, there are options like bGREEN 100% vegan protein powder. They contain sources like pea and brown rice protein that are just as effective as animal-based proteins for muscle recovery and development.
Check the Label Thoroughly
Before you pick a protein supplement, don’t forget to check the nutritional label as it gives you a lot of information on the product. Here are some important pointers for you when choosing your protein supplement:
- Zero added sugars: Sugar loads your body up with unwanted calories that can throw you off your fitness goals. In any case, unwanted sugar consumption is not a healthy choice. Choose a supplement that ensures zero sugars or contains natural sugar sources like cane sugar for best results.
- Zero trans fats: Products that contain trans fats can cause health issues and complications with regular use. Make sure you avoid these products for a healthier and balanced diet.
- Added amino acids: Some protein supplements contain BCAAs or glutamine which are vital for faster recovery. For individuals who are at higher levels of fitness or have a demanding training schedule, these supplements are more beneficial.
- Other nutrients: A supplement that contains nutrients like essential vitamins and minerals or Omega-3 fatty acids improves your overall diet. They also improve your body’s ability to assimilate the protein that you consume through your diet.
- Banned substances: Make sure your supplement does not contain any banned substances. If you are into professional and competitive training, especially, this is a very important factor.
Opt For Third Party Tested Products
Third-party testing for supplements is not mandatory if they have been authorised by bodies like FSSAI. However, some companies carry out these tests to ensure better quality and efficacy of ingredients. No doubt, they are a more reliable option for you.
It is highly recommended that you check with your fitness trainer or healthcare provider before including any supplement in your diet. This ensures that it is 100% safe for you and is aligned with your fitness goals. Check out the best entertainment source ifuntv. You can also visit here to get the latest headline news around the world listinside. If you need more information about 0x00x0, you can get essential news from it.